The Crafty Critters Journey
Crafty Critters began in 1997 as an In-Home Demonstration Company which operated Australia Wide. Originally run from my own home, it soon took over nearly every room and packing of orders would continue late into the night.
- 1998 came the birth of my second child Alexandria who has basically watched me pack orders since the day she was born.
- 2000 saw my home literally swamped with craft goodies and kids fun things and I now felt the time was right to move and move we did - to a quaint little federation house in Abbott Street - East Launceston. Again this property proved too small and the decision to move again was made.
- 2002 I purchased large Commercial premises in Kings Meadows - Tasmania and quickly gained the reputation of having pretty well anything 'crafty', that people could want - shipping was World Wide!
- 2009 saw the start of a new venture for me and the addition of 'Cafe S' to my already busy craft store. The cafe proved to be a most welcome addition and gained a wonderful reputation for fine food and fabulous service.
- 2012 life sometimes throws you a curve ball..... circumstances change and sadly I found it necessary to stand back and take a small break from both my businesses.
- 2014 encouragement from friends and my many valued customers has seen me once again with fresh ideas and enthusiasm and I now embark on my new but old venture with a new twist! This time my daughter that watched me pack orders all those years ago will be standing beside me helping me to run what we hope will once again be Australia's No.1 craft supplier. Of course still at our feet will be our faithful Old English Sheepdogs that were such welcome visitors at the Kings Meadows store.
Suzi and Alex